Monday, January 4, 2010

Reincarnation of a small pot

When we moved to the United States, one friendly family brought to us a small saucepan. It wasn't new. We used it every day: to boil water for coffee, to boil the eggs, for heating one can of spagettious, ravioli, or spaghetti with meatballs. We cooked many other things in this pot. We never returned little saucepan back. It travelled with me from Pennsylvania to Texas. White layer of minerals replaced original non-sticking coat. The cat liked to drink water purchased in the store from it. It tasted better than water from the wells too rich on minerals. I brought little saucepan with me back to Pennsylvania. I looked at it when I was unpacking. It wasn't brown anymore, the bottom bulged, so it began to dance on the stove. The saucepan was all worn out. It's cooking carier was over. It has a little hole in the holder, so I used it for a string and suspended little saucepan from the knocker on the door. Little saucepan serves now as the knocker. I hope one day there will be somebody who will use it and I will be coming to open the door smiling. Copyright (c) Marie Neumann 2/2/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment