Sunday, April 22, 2012

Betsie and chicken

It was the Christmas Holiday. I bought myself two CD's as a Christmas present, some dog and cat food, and balls for the animals to chase. I didn't get a Christmas tree this year. My new neighbors were eavesdropping, so I didn't like my place much. I listened to loud Spanish music on my radio. I made a potato salad and baked a chicken. I cut few slices, left the chicken on a counter, turned around to get something and heard "crunch". I turned back and the chicken wasn't on the counter anymore. The bitch pretended she doesn't know anything. About an hour later she began to have a diarrhea. It was Christmas, everything was closed and I didn't want her to dirty my carpet, so I took her outside, lengthened a chain with a rope and tied the rope high on a tree branch, so she couldn't reach the rope. Time from time I looked out of a kitchen window to see what she was doing. She had diarrhea and glared at me. I went to do something in the bedroom. I don't have to tell anybody I went to take a nap. When I woke up I went to look out of the window and there, on the grass, was only a chain and a rope left! The rope was untied. So I called, whistled, walked thorough a neighborhood but my messed up bitch was nowhere to be seen. I made a phone call to the animal shelter. No one picked the phone. Of course, it was Holiday. I knew somebody has to be there to clean and feed the animals. So I left my name, phone number, description of the dog and a message on the answering machine: In a case you have my dog keep an eye on her. She gobbled up whole chicken and has diarrhea. I stopped at animal shelter first thing on Monday. They had read the message. They had my dog. She had bloody diarrhea and there was nothing to push out. I paid $30.00 for dog sitting and took Betsie to a vet. They asked me, if they can provide x-ray. "Of course." They kept her for three days. After three days she was all right and didn't talk to me. When I went to pick her up, she pretended she has never seen me before. It was she who gobbled up whole chicken, not I. I paid $300.00 bill and took the dog home. For $300.00 I could buy one hundred chickens and do not leave a single one on the counter.
The bitch began to talk to me again like nothing happened. I was somewhat disappointed. I completely forgot about my neighbors and Christmas. Copyright (c) Marie Neumann Pottsville, 2/19/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment