Monday, April 30, 2012

A basket of clothes pins

Since we moved, I am looking for my basket of wooden clothes pins. I looked in all corners of a basement and on the shelves above washer and dryer;searched a bathroom. I even looked in an attic, but the attic turned into a storage. That would mean to move mattresses, broken and empty trunks, portable toilet and who knows what kind junk is there. I know I will keep looking.
I could buy another little, wicker basket (I already bought new wooden pins fifty for $1.00 at Family Dollar store), but I want my old basket of clothes pegs. I want, I want, I want.
I moved a lot past ten years and everywhere I went the basket traveled with me and somehow it didn't get lost in moving process. What the basket full of old wooden pegs means to me? A wish I'll have my clothes line back, where I can hang freshly washed laundry, sorted by size, color and by assortment of garments. I always hang the same socks together, otherwise the line looks untidy. Our washer produces nice, clean laundry. The Sun is shining in this beautiful Spring morning. It is a perfect day for hanging laundry outside. Later during the day I'll go out to collect dry laundry. Tonight we are going to sleep well in fresh, clean bed sheets dried by Sun and a little breeze.
When we went on a trip to Philadelphia I noticed many statues, but I stood a long time in front of a giant clothes peg - a symbol of Monday morning fresh washed laundry.

Copyright (c) Marie Neumann
Pottsville, 4/30/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment