Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Venison

"Hunters sharing the harvest" is written on deep frozen, ground deer meat. Thank you for sharing. I wouldn't be able to hunt down and shoot a deer. It is more like the deer would hunt me. I was defrosting venison in microwave gyro style. To shave the defrosted part and continue in the deep defrosting. Meatloaf was good. I liked it. I appreciated it. Last time we have had venison was about twenty years ago.
It was nice cool fall day and we went for a walk from Frackville to Shenandoah in Pennsylvania. Shenandoah in that time had a doughnut shop, two furniture stores, a bakery, and more attractions. On the way there a gentleman in the car stopped and gave us a ride to Shenandoah. We looked in the furniture store, had a doughnut in the doughnut shop and walked back. We met the same gentleman and he gave us the ride to Frackville again. He was on the way from his family which supplied him with venison. He didn't like the deer meet and we gladly took all packages he gave to us. Deer meet was considered a rare delicacy in our family.
We have had deer steak, sausages, hamburger meat. I even cooked a venison goulash and roasted sirloin. We feasted on the deer meat for about two weeks.
Today I finished the meatloaf. The deer meat was appreciated.

Copyright (c) Marie Neumann
Pottsville, September 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment