Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Last twenty dollars

How am I going to spend last $20.00? A question is last twenty dollars until when? Today is Monday ... Do they have to last until tonight, or until Friday, when next paycheck is arriving?
What I can think about first is my stomach of course. It always comes first. How boring. Do I have to make rather short grocery list? Lets pretend a refrigerator is full of groceries, fruit and vegetables to last until Friday. Pantry is overflowing with edible goods. Don't laugh. Some people take pantry as an extra storage place and they store tools, electrical bulbs, even nails there. Yes, the nails are a good source of iron, but how to retrieve it? In the corner sits a mouse trap still with rather disgusting looking piece of an old cheese. The mouse will be not coming here anyway since the cat is regularly patrolling his territory.
I still have $20.00 to spend. Since we do not have any bookstore in our area I can not go there ...
Here goes one dollar for charities, another for overdue dues and for $18.00 lets buy gas. Now I am completely broke, so lets wait for social security check to arrive.

Copyright (c) Marie Neumann
Pottsville, 1/14/2012
POW! assignment

No comments:

Post a Comment