Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thanksgiving

I wake up in the morning. I am listening to my deep, even breathing. Somebody told me many years ago: "When you are over fifty and wake up in the morning and you don't feel any pain, it means you are dead." I do not feel any pain. Whole body is completely relaxed. I am lying in the heated bedroom, under warm, clean blankets and my stomach doesn't rumble from hunger. I stretch and open my eyes. There is already daylight. It means I am retired. I don't have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, have a shower, get dressed, make up my face and hair, have a rush breakfast, drink hot coffee in the car, put on professional smile and hurry to the work. With my eyes open I can smile and say "Good morning", because there is someone to say "Good morning" to. This is year 2011, end of the war is near. It is time to build bridges, economy and secure borders. It is time for peace. Copyright (c) Marie Neumann Pottsville, 2013 Pottsville, 10/30/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment