Thursday, November 5, 2009

How I robbed the bank

It was four o'clock morning and I found out I ran out of the cigarettes. My valet, all my pockets were also empty. All my money was in the bank and it was now closed, but children have their piggy banks. I sneaked into child's bedroom. Pink piggy bank stood quietly on the desk dreaming it's wealthy dreams with blue eyes open. I took it softly into my hands and tiptoed out of the room and to the kitchen. I shook it. The change was jiggling. I knew money was there: weekly allowances, pocket money, tooth fairy presents... I will be not able to get out dollar notes. I turned the pig upside down in the hope some change will fall out. Nothing happened. The opening on the top is quite narrow. It's meant for putting money in, not digging them out. I didn't want to destroy the piggy bank. It's such cute little piggy with turn-up sweet snout and long eyelashes. The child even took it to the bed with her for a while. I didn't want to steel money, only borrow enough for a pack of cigarettes. I used a kitchen knife to get out enough of coins for one pack, than returned the piggy back on the desk in the child's bedroom. The piggy bank was facing the bed without expression. When I smoked the first cigarette I comforted myself: I will return everything back with some interest. The child will not notice anything and the pig will not tell. It's morning and time to wake up the child. I enter her bedroom. She is standing in her pajamas at the desk holding so much lighter piggy bank in her arms and both of them are silently looking at me with their blue eyes. That night I robbed the piggy-bank. Copyright (c) Marie Neumann, 10/30/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment