Thursday, December 31, 2009

Taxi

When I moved to small town in Texas I applied for telephone connection. The second, or the third day I received phone number for the land line with the offer of all other existing services. The very first evening the phone rang. "I need a transport." I apologized with an explanation, that I just moved to town and received this phone number and this is a private residence. Few days later the phone rang at 11 P.M. Very drank voice asked for a transportation. I again politely apologized and explained to him he has wrong phone number. The same situation repeated several times a week. Then one caller explained to me: he is calling Taxi Service, and it's me who has wrong number, he has the correct one and he advised me to look in the phone book under Taxi Service. I looked, and yes, the customer was right. Another man was so desperate he asked me if I don't know phone number for Taxi Service. I looked into the phone book and offered another phone number. Unsatisfied customer called after five minutes and informed me I gave him phone number for the bus, which transports people, but only during the day, and he needs transport now. I again apologized nicely and that evening I didn't pick up any phone, because I knew what I would do: "Where are you? I don't know my way around, but I will take you where

No comments:

Post a Comment